Thursday 5 February 2015

Digipak Font Research

Digipaks usually have text, this can be in the form of the album name, artist name, recording company, copyright policies etc. The main use of the font will be for the album and artist name, as a group we decided on the name Tomi, and I wanted to find a font that expressed the quirkiness and originality of this name as well as representing the star's personality.

I used 'dafont.com' to research different fonts, below are some of the fonts I liked. I wanted a font that was different, something quite modern but not too simple, it needed to be readable but still be edgy.


After all my research I decided to use the 'PROMETHEUS' font as I felt it was representative of the dance genre and because it has a modern/edgy feel to it while still being readable. If the font was any more extravagant I feel like it would be too overpowering, especially next to the bold background. I also like how sections of the letters are missing; this creates a modern feel but also presents vibes of enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment