Friday 11 July 2014

Past Music Video Ranking/Review

In class we watched music videos made by the previous years. We were then asked to rank them in order of best to worst.

  1. 13A3 Nine 2 Five

  2. 12A2 Life Happens
  3. 13B6 Ike and Tina
  4. 13E6 Go In, Go Hard
  5. 13A1 Sparks Fly
  6. 13134 Lost
  7. 13E4 If You Wanna
  8. 13B3 What We Started
  9. 13E9 Today I Cried
  10. 13E7 12 Rounds
  11. 13B1 Rewind

From doing this exercise I feel I learned a lot about music videos. I learnt what to do and what not to do. The video for Nine 2 Five was the best out of all of them. It was very well executed, the lips were in sync and they cut in time to the music. They aslo had a vairety of loactions, which keeps it interetsing. I found the video for Rewind was the worst, because, the lips were not in sync to the music, they attempted using a narrative in the video, but it was very confusing and unclear.

I have learnt that when making my music video, I should make sure the lip sync is perfect all the way through the video. To make sure I avoid the issue of the lips not being in sync with the music, I'll use the same version of the track when filming as well as when I'm editing. I will also leave pleanty of time for re-shoots. My music video will aslo consist of different locations. This keeps video interesting and the viewer engaged. I will also make sure I cut the footage in time with the music, this way it doesn't look unprofessional and sloppy. To avaid this I will look at the synaesthesia of the music, and cut at the high notes or the low notes. It is also improtant to use a variety of shots from different angles, so that users are compelled to watch it. When going on a shoot I will take more than one camera, so that I have a lot of interesting footage to work with when it comes to editing. Another issue I found with some of the videos were that some of the actors were very lifeless and awkward in front of a camera. So when it comes to choosing who's going to perform in my music video, I'll be sure to choose someone who's confident performing in front of a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment